Friday, June 15, 2007

The Distortion Of Beauty

I truly feel that the "Evolution Film" should be aired on television and played in all schools across the country. I know that there are a lot of people in society that know that models are masked in a lot of make-up and edited on computer, but I really don't think that people realize how much they do to make them look perfect. The woman in the film wasn't a bad looking person to begin with, but she definitely didn't look like the same person when they were all done with her. I mean no wonder young girls and full grown women have such distorted images of what they should look like. The media portrays these glamorous pictures of women who seem so perfect in every way and in reality those pictures don't resemble the person at all. I guarantee that the women in the film doesn't even recognize herself when she has all that make-up on and after they edit her pictures.

This film just shows that the contemporary idea of beauty is a complete fake! I really just don't understand why the media and magazines can't just put a little make-up on someone and just leave the pictures alone after they take them. Why is it necessary to make her seem "perfect?" Is it their intentions to destroy so many young ladies self-esteems and distort the idea of what beauty really is? Magazine ads and billboards are the reason why so many young women in society make themselves sick and kill themselves to look like that and then don't understand why they can't. Well it's because it is literally impossible, unless you can edit the way people see you. I honestly believe that the media is responsible for the distortion of the beauty idea. I just really find it ridiculous! I mean I see so many young ladies walking down the street that don't have any make-up on and I find them way more attractive than other young ladies who obviously have a whole lot of make-up on. I personally don't wear any make-up at all, except for a little eye-liner and eye shadow occasionally, but I think that women look so much more gorgeous when they are natural looking than fake. I just really wish that people could see the beauty inside of themselves and realize that men find it way more attractive to see a woman wearing little or no make-up than another woman who is fully masked with the stuff. I mean they are eventually going to have to see you with out all that make-up on and in the end they are going to feel cheated, because that isn't really who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great response here... isn't it interesting that we use our technology to construct beauty ideals that are even more unattainable...