Friday, June 8, 2007

Gender Aptitude Test

First of all, wow that test was something else! I had a score of 109, which concluded this: "Gee, it's like you have one hand in respectability and the other hand someplace where both of you like it. You're not always taken for 'normal', are you? In fact, you probably get an infrequent but regular bout of the gender willies from time to time, don't you? And a lot of this gender stuff is probably kinda new to you ... a little scary and a little thrilling, right? Maybe it's time to explore exactly what scares you. Go on ... you know how to be gentle with yourself." I really didn't feel like this explanation of my score really made sense to me at all. I feel like I'm very comfortable with myself and with my gender, whether I fit into a particular mold or not. I personally like to feel comfortable with myself with out fitting into the norm.
Like a lot of the other students were saying I really had a hard time relating to the questions in the Aptitude test and a much harder time trying to find an answer that matched how I felt about each question. It really seemed like the test was designed for a particular set of people or maybe it really didn't apply to anyone at all. I don't know, all I know is that as I read each question and answers I became more and more confused and more and more inpatient with the test all together. I also agree with some of the other things that students were saying dealing with the test seemed to deal with people on the edge of a gender line. Which kind of makes a lot more sense to me as I think about it. A lot of her questions were very odd and I could see how someone who was confused about their identity could responde a lot easier to some of the questions.
I personally don't see how that test could really fit anyone whole heartedly. It was too off the wall for anyone to relate to, especially when it came to the answers.

No comments: